Monday, August 13, 2012

Giddy for Thai food

I love Asian food and Thai is one of my favorites. I love the coconut milk, the curries, the cilantro, lime, basil, lemongrass...are you picking up what I'm putting down. Sadly I haven't found a really good Thai restaurant that is within a few miles of my house. Boooo. I'm craving the curry I had in Bozeman, MT at Sweet Chili, but that's not going to do me any good, is it?

So instead I'm all geeked out about the dinner I'm going to make tomorrow. I made coconut basmati rice tonight in preparation. Super duper easy and I can't wait to eat it. I'll make a stir-fry of peppers, onions and zucchini with cilantro and chili-lime sauce to go with it. I'll probably throw in some cashews too.

Then the next day I'll be making black bean soup with chorizo (soy chorizo from Trader's Joe's). I'm excited about that one too.

Coconut Rice
1 cup basmati rice
1 can lite coconut milk
1/4 cup water

Stir coconut milk and water together in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice. Bring to a soft boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.

That's it. If I wasn't having it with stir-fry and I just wanted rice, I'd probably stir a little curry in with it, but this time I didn't.

Do you ever get excited about a meal you plan to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment