Thursday, February 19, 2015

Whole 30...and so it begins

I started Whole 30 on Monday and finding foods to eat hasn’t been as hard as I thought it might be. I don’t really miss my morning shakes (yet) and I’m still having fun with finding new recipes. I have had a headache everyday so far, but it sounds like that’s pretty normal. Today was the first day I didn’t feel too hungry though.
Here’s what I’ve eaten so far:
Monday:
Breakfast – Diced chicken breast and avocado; banana
Lunch – meatloaf muffin, baked red potato with coconut spread, steamed broccoli
Dinner – Taco salad with ground turkey

Tuesday:
Breakfast – Potato, steamed spinach + kale, scrambled egg, mixed berries
Lunch – Taco salad
Dinner – Stir fry with steak, baby bok choy, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, snap peas and garlic.

Wednesday:
Breakfast – Hard-boiled egg with dried dill, cashews, blueberries, ½ banana and clementine
Lunch – baked sweet potato with coconut oil, steamed broccoli, raw bell pepper and about 3 oz of leftover steak
Dinner – Chicken breast, tomato soup

Thursday:
Breakfast – scrambled egg, potato, steamed spinach and kale
Lunch – tuna & avocado salad lettuce boats, orange
Dinner – Sauteed cabbage with mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, and ground turkey.
I also discovered the wonderfulness that is a banana with almond butter and coconut flakes (and a sprinkle of cinnamon).

Friday’s plan:
Breakfast – leftover cabbage and ground beef + hard boiled egg
Lunch – chicken breast and artichoke tomato salad

Dinner – meatloaf, roasted red potatoes and green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment