Monday, November 5, 2012

Eek, it's been a while

Almost a week since I last posted. Last week with Halloween plus my normal stuff, my week got away from me. It's almost become a rarity to get home before 7 pm on school nights and since I've been getting up at 5:15 to work out in the morning before work, every day seems so long.

Last week I don't think we had anything exciting for dinner. Twice we ate out - Wednesday BW3 and Friday we had Mexican. The others days were mostly leftovers. At BW3 I asked the waitress for the allergen information/gluten free menu. She didn't know if it existed. Now, here's the thing. I've looked at BW3's allergen info online so I know it exists, but I don't have it memorized (imagine that). Thankfully the manager did have a print out of the info I had see online so I got the naked tenders and buffalo chips with one of the dry seasonings on them. It was tolerable.

I've been eating crappy the last few weeks - I've been lazy and had things like candy, caramel corn and ranch dressing. My body is paying for it. It must stop. And right away. I think I'm going to have to write out a menu to follow between now and Thanksgiving.

Tonight, the rest of the family will have frozen mini pizzas. That will allow me to hog on the roasted brussel sprouts I plan to make. I love these things. How could I have thought I didn't like brussel sprouts? I feel so awful for wrongly judging the cute little cabbagey things. I will also have some spaghetti squash (which I made last week) with it. No meat tonight.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts
1 lb brussel sprounts
1 tbsp olive oil*
1 tbsp white wine
salt
ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove any brown or yellow leaves. Cut each sprout in half. Toss in a bowl with olive oil and wine. Spread on a pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over sprouts. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment