Monday, November 18, 2013

Focus and Go

I started my new fitness challenge today – T25. Twenty-five intense minutes 5 days a week and I’m attempting to do the meal plan this time too (I haven’t followed the meal plan in the past with fitness programs, including Insanity and P90X). I say attempting at the meal plan because the types of meal plans that come with these programs can be frustrating sometimes when I’m substituting half the meal due to my avoidance of dairy and gluten, but I’m going to try to eat many of the top 25 foods Shaun T suggests and create some meals on my own using the same ingredients in the meal plan (I can’t eat the same five dinner for 90 days). 

Here’s that top 25 that I’m working with:

Greek yogurt
Oatmeal
Shakeology
Brown Rice
Sweet Potatoes
Quinoa
Apples
Raspberries
Melon
Kale
Broccoli
Bell Peppers
Garbanzo beans
Avocados
Eggs
Lemons
Tomatoes
Onions
Chicken Breast
Salmon
Tilapia
Raw Almonds
Lentils
Bananas

Other than the yogurt (which I might have in small amounts), eggs and salmon (which I can’t stand); it’s a pretty solid list of foods that I can build meals from with minimal extras besides olive oil, vinegars, herbs and spices.
1`
I got through today’s workout with minimal breaks and eat pretty well today. I had butternut squash soup for lunch and a small serving of pasta with red sauce and a big bowl of steamed lemon pepper green beans for dinner. I really wanted to get chips post-workout when I stopped to pick up granola bars for the kid, but I didn’t. I grabbed an itty-bitty bag of pistachios instead.


I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s meals because they are new recipes – chicken waldorf salad for lunch and quinoa patties for dinner. I'll let you know how they turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment