Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ahoy! A vegetarian gluten-free meal!


Tonight I have a vegan friendly meal planned. And I’ve been craving it. Its so simple it seems like a silly craving, but hey, I’m weird like that.

White beans with Tomatoes

1 15-oz can of diced tomatoes
1 15-oz can of cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
½ medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste

Throw it all in the bowl. 
Let it sit overnight. 

I did that last night.

So tonight for dinner, I’m going to make some rice pasta. Then I’m going to wilt some spinach.  And I’m going to toss some of the tomato-bean mixture with the pasta and spinach. AND I’m going to EAT IT.
I suppose if one were a cheese eater, some good hard cheese grated over the top would be good as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment