Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baked Apples for Breakfast

For part of the second week and all of the third week of the Ultimate Reset, fruit is the breakfast. So for the last 6 days I've only had fruit for breakfast and it is getting old fast! It doesn't help that it's winter here in Indiana and having a cold breakfast isn't nearly as refreshing in February as it is in June. So today I decided to bake my apples. 

If I weren't on the Ultimate Reset, I probably would have added some chopped nuts and possibly some oats, but for today it was pretty simple. 

Baked Apples

3 medium apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut oil
pinch of salt

Peel and core apples. Cut into 1-inch cubes. 
Grease the bottom of small baking dish with coconut oil - I used my brie baking dish. 
In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and salt until apples are evenly coated. 
Place apples in greased dish. 
Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. 

Serves one on the UR, but it could probably serve two if you are having other things with your breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment