Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday, January 27

There was a time when I didn't really understand why people got so worked up about Fridays and that TGIF business. But then my job got freaking INSANE, my volunteering became ridiculously political and vicious and stopped sleeping as much as I need to.

I'm so ready for the weekend...but no so I can party and get crazy - so I can rest.

Today I didn't eat all that well. I had my chocolate shakeology for breakfast, blended with a banana and some super-green powder. I had some almonds, V8 and rice cake with nutella for snacks, but I didn't eat any actual lunch. Back in the day I actually had to look for things to do. Now, if I get through a week without having to work from home or skip a lunch I'm celebrating.

I did do some cooking this evening though. I made soft tacos - ground turkey with homemade seasoning and green chilies, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and some plain soy yogurt mixed with taco sauce I can eat on corn tortillas. Pretty good and filling.

I also made some turkey "sausage." I took some plain ground turkey (85/15) and mixed in minced onions, smoked paprika, garlic powder, a little sage and thyme and some salt & pepper. I mixed it all together then rolled it and wrapped it tightly in Saran wrap. It's in the freezer now. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do with it yet, but it seemed like something I might want eventually. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment