Friday, January 27, 2012

Pleasantly surprised...

I went on my first gluten-free, dairy-free grocery shopping trip yesterday. Fun times. I hit the Meijer by my house. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the selection. There were allergen-free options in various places throughout the store. I spent way more than I normally would on a regular shopping trip, but I am having to restock a lot of things - pasta, rice, other grains, flours, condiments, etc. Plus I haven't done a big shopping trip since before Christmas so I also had to buy plenty of meat.

So here are the meals I have planned for the next several days. Many of my lunches will be leftovers of dinner:

Pork chops with mushrooms
and some misc side dishes (veggies and rice) - I haven't the details of the mushroom part, but I'll figure something out. The whole no-yeast = nothing fermented thing is really through me for a loop. I only fell in love with vinegars a few years ago, and now they're back out of my life!
Enchilada Casserole made with corn tortillas, some sort of homemade tomato-based sauce and beans - obviously no cheese for me. :(
Curried Lentils and Rice
Stir-fry with rice noodles this will include various veggies, garlic, some sort of meat, etc. It's kind of up in the air right now.
Tuna Casserole again, I haven't figured out the details, but I 'll figure something out (are you catching a theme to how I cook)
Southwestern Lime Chicken Tacos 
Chili-topped Baked Potatoes the chili will be homemade
Meatloaf

I think one of my biggest fears is that I will not be able to come up with meals on the fly the way I do now. I usually have a general plan of meal ideas so I can shop, but whatever leftovers I have usually get thrown into other impromptu meals. I'll find a way though. I always have.

More about today's meals later. Back to work...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment