Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday, January 26

We were all so responsible last night...going to bed at respectable bedtimes. Both kids were in bed by 8:15, I was in bed by 10:30 and scott was in bed....well, it wasn't too late. And I didn't turn the alarm on last night. We woke up at 7:05. One child (the video-game obsessed boy) was already dressed so that he could play on the iPad - for once I appreciated his devotion to Plants vs. Zombies (who comes up with these games?). The other, I had to drag out of bed.

But we managed to get showered, dressed, grab food and get out of the house by 7:34 and at school on time. A feat if I do say so myself. I didn't manage to make it to work on time, but I've worked extra this week.

Breakfast today is once again, chocolate Shakeology. Lunch will be leftover green beans, taters and smokies.
The dinner plan is pizza soup. It's not quite 100% gluten-free (again stupid MSG in the sausage), but it's a transition. I don't have a concrete recipe, but it's something like this:


PIZZA SOUP
  • Italian sausage (out of the casing), browned
  • Crushed tomatoes
  • garlic
  • diced bell peppers
  • diced onions
  • italian seasoning
  • mushrooms if we have any
  • Top with cheese if you aren't sensitive to it - I won't be doing that though.
One of the things I've been worrying about lately is how I portray my attitude to my diet restrictions. I don't want to be the friend/family member that is always forcing everyone else to follow their restrictions. I want to be positive about these changes in my life and try my best to accommodate to whatever situation I'm in rather than expect everyone else to accommodate me. I know someone who will refuse to attend an event and/or complain the entire time if the menu is not gluten-free. That's not anyone's problem but me. I do expect a certain level of support in my own home, but outside my home, it's my challenge. Whether that means bringing my food or eating in advance of an event, that is a burden I will bear - hopefully with grace.

If you or your child face diet restrictions, how do you handle them in groups or in public?

Later I will share my meal ideas for the next several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment