Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday, February 4

Holy crap, it's February! And my life is ramping back up again in a big way. Annyka's in the middle of her first sports season - indoor soccer - and I've joined  back up with my athletic fund-raising friends again. I'm doing Team in Training again for the spring season.

For those not in the know, Team in Training is a part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. In exchange for agreeing to raise a specific amount of money for LLS, they help me train for endurance events - in this case the 500 Festival Mini-marathon. In addition, this year I will be mentoring as well as fundraising. That just means that I am an alum responsible for helping the newbies with their fundraising and any other questions they may have as they take on this lofty and admirable challenge.

Anyway, I was up before the sun this morning for group training. My 35-minute run felt good. Something about running with other people makes it easier to get up for in the morning. I had a bowl of Chex before and a shake after. I need to do something with the shakes though - they have milk and egg in them, so I really can't keep using them. Shakeology is vegan so I can use it, but it's soooo expensive. I have to decide if its really worth it.

So anyway, on the dinner plate the last couple days were cereal and milk with a banana - Yeah, not very dinnery, but it was all I was really hungry for. It was a rough day. Then last night we had grilled pork chops, portobello mushrooms, fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts. I just discovered brussel sprouts this winter and found out I really like them roasted.

I've got chili in the crockpot for either tonight or tomorrow. The plan for the Super Bowl snacking will be tortilla chips, guacamole and bean dip. At some point this weekend we'll probably have some big ol' baked potatoes too. Mine will be less exciting than normal without cheese, but I'll live.

No comments:

Post a Comment