Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chicken Nugget Time!

I've been wanting to try GF chicken nuggets again for a while. Last time I made them, I used Rice Chex crumbs for the "breading," but they were a little bland. The most recent recipe I found for nuggets uses a GF flour mixture with spices and coconut oil. They turned out looking and tasting quite good. Annyka thought they needed salt & pepper, but I don't think they did. I dipped them in some sweet chili sauce from The Ginger People and had potato wedges and roasted asparagus on the side.

A successful and relatively easy meal on another busy night. Tomorrow I have get my hair cut after work. I pretty much took this week off from working out. I was too exhausted at the beginning of the week, and the rest of the week was just too busy. At least I got Fit Club in yesterday.

Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
1 lb skinless chicken breast, cut into nugget-sized pieces
1/4 cup GF flour
1 tsp Seasoned Salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted

Mix flour with seasonings. Place chicken in a bowl. Sprinkle flour mixture over the chicken and toss. Drizzle nuggets with coconut oil and mix to coat lightly. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 for about 13-15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment