Friday, October 5, 2012

A V8 Discovery



First, the vegetable beef soup was just meh to me. Nothing wrong with it, but not quite what I was hoping for. Maybe it was overcooked in the crockpot. I don’t know. But it was just okay. We’ll still eat it, but the next time I’ll probably do it on the stovetop. 

I had a little bit of spicy hot V8 left from the soup, so I decided to use it with the brown rice I made for dinner tonight. Tonight I threw together a veggie stir-fry (bell pepper, onion, zucchini, grape tomatoes and mushrooms) using my fajita seasoning with brown rice and refried beans. So it spice up the rice a little bit, I replaced half the liquid for the brown rice with V8. I also threw a little bit of minced garlic and cilantro in with the rice. It was very good…but I was pretty pissy when I realized I left the mashed avocado I had prepared in the fridge when I put the leftovers away! 

So that’s today’s contribution. 

Scott and I are going out of town for the weekend, so we may discover some new restaurants in Cincinnati, but no new recipes. We will be hitting up my favorite grocery store – Jungle Jim’s – though so who knows what exciting things we’ll come home with. It won’t be mustard this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment