Monday, September 3, 2012

Veggie Fajita Goodness

Today for lunch we'll be having veggie fajitas. I'm going to try a new homemade seasoning recipe and I think I'll also marinate the mushrooms in a lime juice concoction.

Homemade Fajita Seasoning: 
2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder*
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp dried oregano

*The recipe I found actually calls for garlic salt, but I'm going to try it with garlic powder, I can always add more salt later.

 I'm hoping the rain will stay away long enough that I can grilled my veggies outside - I've got bell peppers, onions, zucchini and portobellos lined up for the fajitas.

UPDATE: I also added about a 1/2 tsp of cumin to the seasoning recipe above. Then I took that seasoning and mixed it with the juice of 1 lime, about a tbsp of apple cider vinegar and about a tbsp of olive oil. I marinated the mushrooms and zucchini in it in the fridge for about 2 hours before grilled all my veggies.

They were super yum and we had them on corn tortillas with my refried beans from yesterday and some chopped cilantro on stop. Scott had cheese on his; I, of course, did not. But I did have sriracha sauce on mine. I love that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment