Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another quick dinner



Even though we didn't have anything specific planned after work/school today, we still didn't get home and start getting dinner ready until almost 6:30, so I was glad I had another quick meal planned. 

I made frozen tilapia fillets with tamari sauce on the George Foreman grill and made garlic-ginger rice on the side. In the past when I made this rice, I only put in bok choy, but I thought I might as well add additional vegetables that I had so I added onion, carrots and mushrooms. The fish was only so-so, but the rice was good. I pretty much always love rice though.

Garlic-Ginger Rice

2 cups prepared brown rice
3 stalks bok choy
2 cloves garlic
½ small onion, diced
1 carrot, shredded or diced
½ cup chopped mushrooms
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp canola oil
Tamari sauce

Warm sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and sesame oil. Stir in carrots and onions. Saute until onions are nearly translucent. Add bok choy and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes. Stir in rice, mushrooms and ginger. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes or until rice is warmed through. 

Add cooked diced meat or tofu for a complete meal or serve as a side dish. Serve with tamari sauce to taste. 

Serves 3-4 small servings or 2 large servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment