Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cookies might be for dinner

As you may have figured out from my previous post, I'm not in the best of moods today. So I'm going to do some things for me today that I normally don't do. I wouldn't mind company, but I don't know of anyone who wants to join me.

1. Go to the movies by myself.
2. Go on a long run...again by myself.
3.  And make vegan cookies.

I believe I've posted a recipe for vegan cookies in the past, but today I'm going to expand on it. You know those "monster cookies" that have everything in them - chocolate chips, M&M's, peanut butter, etc? Well these will be my monster cookies - they include nuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips (not technically vegan, but I'll live) and oats. I also have a recipe for almond cookies that I'd like to try, but I haven't yet. Maybe you can try that and let me know how it is.

Vegan (ish) Monster Cookies

1/3 cup all purpose GF flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup GF oats
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chocolate & butterscotch chips
1/4 cup chopped nuts
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
3 tbsp almond milk


Preheat oven to 375. Mix all dry ingredients together. Then stir in wet ingredients. Form into balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes. They will still be a little underdone when they come out. The will finish baking as they cool.

Almond Cookies

1/2 cup margarine or coconut oil
6 Tbsp maple sugar or light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup almond meal
1 cup oat flour

Preheat over to 300 F. Grease cookie sheet; set aside. With a hand  mixer blend butter, sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add flour and almond meal and mix until the dough sticks together.

Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool completely before serving. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment