Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Easy Peasy Dinner

I prepped for tonight's dinner and it paid off. The plan was green curry chicken over rice.

A few days ago I defrosted some chicken for something...can't remember what now, but I had more than I needed, so I baked the rest and kept it for later. Today was later.

Last night I put brown rice on to steam while I watched TV.

The veggies just had to be microwaved steamed and the curry sauce was from Trader Joe's in a jar.

After running out to get a haircut after work and the boys coming from judo, it was nice to have a quick option.

The TJ's curry sauce was good, but slightly saltier than I would have preferred. Overall a good quick dinner.

Tomorrow night I'll be using the remainder of the brown rice to make garlic-ginger rice with boy choy and tamari-glazed tilapia.

I ate my millet cereal this morning and it was good. However, because the millet had to fixed in advance, it would have been easier to just make GF oatmeal, so I doubt it'll become a regular in the breakfast rotation.

Blueberry Millet Cereal

1 cup millet
2 cups water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
1 tbsp honey or agave nectar

Combine water and millet in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 20-25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.

Add almond milk, vanilla extra, nuts, honey and blueberries. Mix well. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment