Monday, September 10, 2012

Sleep - I need it

There are some people out there that can survive on little sleep. Some people can consistently get 4-6 hours a night and still live a normal life. I can do that for about two days before I start to get physically ill.

I couldn't sleep tonight. I don't know how in the world that is possible when I did my best to wear myself out yesterday. You would think crying for two hours and running for nearly one and half would get the job done, but you would be wrong. I tossed and turned for several hours before finally settling down....just to have Scott come to bed with a menagerie of animals (well two dogs and a cat anyway). Then he and our allergic dog started snoring.

So it's 4:30 am and I'm wide #%*@ awake and wishing I were not.

If calling in sick to work today were an option, I think I would take it. Evidently I'm pushed myself to some sort of brink and now I'm falling. But I can't. It's simply not an option because payroll is due today and that's my job. Maybe after lunch I can come home, but most likely not. There will be a thousand other things that I will guilt myself into doing to the detriment of my health and mental well-being instead. 

I had plans to fix smoked sausage and rice-lentil pilaf for dinner tonight, but honestly it will probably end up being leftovers instead. Annyka can have chicken nuggets or something equally easy for someone who is not awake to enough to use the stove can fix.

I guess I'll work out now - I'm supposed to do a fit test today to gauge my progress. I don't see it going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment