Wednesday, October 3, 2012

No tahini weenies here

Six months ago, I don't think I'd ever had tahini... well I had had hummus with tahini in it, but I didn't even know what tahini was. Now I love it. I haven't quite figured out all the various ways I can use it, but so far, I'm a big fan of having it with falafel and on squash.

My favorite tahini sauce recipe I use as a dip with falafel. I like it so much that I need to find additional things to do with it. Maybe I'll tackle that next week.

Last night I made Andy's Falafels, from a regional supplier, and dipped them in the tahini recipe below. I also had some brown rice with it.

The leftover brown rice went into Mediterranean rice bowls with chicken Italian sausages tonight for dinner.

Tahini Sauce

3 tablespoons warm water
2 tablespoons tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce

Stir all ingredients together until smooth. Pour over roasted vegetables or use as a dip. I'll continue to look for other ways to eat it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment