Sunday, April 1, 2012

How lazy I've been...

Lazy as a blogger, but otherwise not lazy! I've actually been very busy. I've held two fundraising events for Team in Training and planning a third for next week. I've been doing P90X, running and of course carefully planning meals.

For the past three weeks I've been posting my meals on a nutrition group Facebook page. The smart thing to do would have been to post here at the same time. Oops.

So here's a quick rundown of some of the meals I've made:

Honey-mustard chicken & steamed broccoli
Grilled tamari-marinated tilapia with ginger rice & bok choy
Garlic veggie stirfry
Grilled steak with sauteed spinach and baked potato
Black bean, red pepper and quinoa salad with salsa verde
Grilled vegetable kebobs with rice noodles
Thai red curry stirfry with brown rice
Roasted turkey with hummus and bell peppers

Right now I have italian vegetable soup simmering on the stove (bell pepper, onion, celery, carrots, white beans, tomatoes, garlic, beef stock and herbs).

I'm not sure what's on tap for this week, but we're well-stocked so I shouldn't have any trouble. This isn't an official plan, but some ideas include:
Pork chops with sweet potato and apple
Thai chili-lime stirfy
Tilapia with salsa verde & rice
Tacos
Italian sausage & pasta

I'm trying to reduce the amount of meat we eat. Not cut it out completely, but reduce the frequency of which we eat it. Hopefully that can help offset the cost of eating better quality, less process foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment