Thursday, April 19, 2012

My pants are falling off


It’s an inconvenient, but welcome problem. I’m not sure what size the dress slacks (I hate that word) are today, but I know that about three months ago, they were tight and I seldom wore a belt with them because it would cut into my stomach.
Today, I can take them off without unzipping or unbuttoning them and I have the belt on the last (ie smallest) hole and they are still not staying up on my waist. 

The decision to change my diet was not for weight loss. It was for “feel better.” The weight loss has been a bonus. And because it was not to lose weight, I really think I can stick with it for the long haul. I’m not saying I’ll NEVER eat everything I’m avoiding right now again, but bread doesn’t sound good anymore. Neither does most junk food. I just imagine that grease sitting in my stomach and it makes me nauseous. 

I’ve brought my BMI down from 34.7 to 31. According to the charts, I am still obese (which I find ridiculous, but my insurance company doesn’t see photos of me or evidently care what kind of shape I’m actually in, so they still judge me by it), but if I lose 10 more pounds I’ll merely be overweight!  I’d have to lose 35 more pounds to get into the high end of my “normal range.” I’m not sure I really want to do that though. I’d be afraid to lose muscle tone to get down that much.

So I’m going to try to continue to not worry too much about the scale and instead just keep on keeping on eating what is good for my body and enjoying my workouts . I will admit to cursing Tony Horton last night though as I did pull-ups. I’m not sure that cursing my instructor is enjoying it, but Tony would say “that’s a beautiful thing.”  

For the record, I don't know what we're having for dinner tonight. I still have leftover butternut curry sauce with lentils and rice, so probably that, but I also have track practice until 7 pm and I really need to go to the store and get a few things as well so we might get something out and about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment