Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fake no-bakes

I love no bake cookies. They remind me of my elementary school cafeteria. But since I don't eat peanut butter or milk, having them has become a challenge. So I've decided to try to make some with some substitutes.

The consistency came out a little different than normal - less crumbly, more fudgy - but they taste good. Some people might actually prefer the consistency of mine. Here's my recipe (it's a small batch):

No Bake Cookies
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
3 Tbsp margarine
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten-free oatmeal

Bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, coconut oil and almond milk to boil while stirring. Continue stirring while allowing the mixture to boil for one minute. Remove from heat. Add almond butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix well. Drop cookies onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet. Let cool. Eat, but not too many at once.
Makes approx 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment