Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 4: Fruit for breakfast!

Silly things make me happy sometimes...like when I get to have fruit for breakfast.

First things first though, Weigh-in: 167.4. One lb down. Excellent.

And I slept fantastically last night. Honestly I think it had more to do with the cooler weather though than anything else. Then I blended my fruit - cantaloupe and mixed berries - into a smoothie with almond milk. I think I would have enjoyed eating it as whole fruit better. Oh, well. It's done now and its almost lunch time.

I've noticed two pimples in the last 24 hours - which is somewhat unusual for me. Let's assume that is toxins fleeing my body. Also excellent.

I'm itching to go run, but I know I'm not fueling my body for that. With days in the 70s with low humidity, it's hard to resist. But I will because I have that kind of willpower - who talks about the willpower to NOT go run?

Did I already mention what is going to be for lunch today? If I didn't, here it is:

  • Lentil-lime salad - big fan of this. Lentils, carrots, lime juice, sesame oil, cumin...I think that's the gist. I eat it cold and it's yummy and light. Lentils are super...literally, one of those superfoods they (the mysterious they) are always talking about. 
  • Black beans & rice - brown rice, black beans, corn, salsa, cilantro and avocado.
  • Microgreen salad - baby greens with carrots, baby bell peppers and homemade garlic dijon dressing. 

Honestly, I don't really think these foods go together, but food is fuel and they are all tasty fuel (or as my child would say "a tasty snack"), so I'm good. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment