Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thank You, Lundberg

Last night dinner was not awe-inspiring, so I'm sorry to disappoint in that regard. We went to Applebee's for Annyka's birthday. I had my current favorite - Chili Lime Chicken skillet. I don't know if it is officially gluten-dairy-ovo free, but its dang close with its rice, veggies, grilled chicken and sweet chili sauce so I still eat it.

But when I got home last night I made a batch of Lundberg Brown Rice Couscous. I LOVE this stuff. I just started my love of couscous a couple years ago, so I wasn't too happy about having to stop eating it (since it is all wheat and all), so I was happy to find this product at Whole Foods. And it's awesome. Today's is made into a salad with bell peppers, onions, pinto beans, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and a dressing of adobo sauce, lime juice, honey and couple drops of olive oil. This is my favorite quick, easy and easy-to-eat-without-reheating meal!

Tonight is another birthday dinner for the kiddo - today is her actual birthday. We'll be hitting up the local Mexican restaurant and celebrating. I think I'll have a variety of side dishes today - chips, salsa, rice, beans and guacamole. I don't know that I really feel like a big meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment