Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 6 (cont.):Oral surgery ruined everything


I finally finished dinner tonight…we had a birthday party for a sweet little one-year-old to go to and dinner was a 1-hour production so It took me awhile. 

Tonight’s dinner was toasted millet, roasted root vegetables and zucchini-cashew soup. I liked the millet. It doesn’t seem as good as quinoa by itself, but mixed with something (veggies, etc) it’s pretty good. I like the slightly crunchier texture. I really liked the zucchini-cashew soup. I wasn’t sure what to think of the creamy green concoction, but the cashews were just enough crunchy and creamy to go with the zucchini. However, I wasn’t a fan of the roasted root vegetables. 

I’m not sure if it’s because it’s 85 degrees outside and I’m eating roasted winter vegetables, or if it’s because I didn’t cook the veggies evenly or maybe it’s a negative connotation that goes with roasted carrots. About 10 years ago, I had all four of my wisdom teeth out and one of my first meals was roasted carrot soup. Unfortunately the pain meds made me nauseous and I connect that nausea with roasted carrots. It sucks because I really loved roasted carrots! 

 I also did get about 20 minutes of yoga in as well as a walk in midday. Yay me. 

Tomorrow is the last day of Phase 1. I'm looking forward to Phase 2 - Release. I'm not necessarily looking forward to taking Detox three times a day, but I am looking forward to the benefits of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment