Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 6: Embracing the mindset


Morning Weigh-in           167.6 lbs (I may be off on the decimals, but I know it was 167 something)

I really feel like I’ve hit my stride now. Although I felt good the last few days, I woke up with a more positive outlook than normal today. I danced in the shower.  You probably didn’t want to know that.

I was waiting for that “great sleep, woke up revitalized” thing I’d heard about from other Reset Participants, but now I get it. I still needed the alarm, but I didn’t dread waking up. I laid in bed for a few minutes and did some deep breaths then hopped up and got moving. 

I’m wearing a fitted black dress today and I feel fabulous. I had fruity oatmeal again this morning. It was faster than baked tempeh and less scary. I’m going to a baby shower in a couple hours, but I brought veggies and hummus so I think I’ll be fine. Then I have a 1st birthday party to go to this afternoon…so probably more veggies! 

I noticed more skin blemishes again today, but I think that is actually a good thing so I’m not alarmed. It’s been years since I’ve had any acne anywhere besides my face – thanks Accutane (I can’t decide if that’s sarcasm or not – Accutane was horrible, but it did get rid of the painful acne). 

I’ve been thinking today that this Reset really is more than just an eating/drinking plan – isn’t that called a diet? I find myself trying to improve every other part of my life as well. I’m working on letting go of negative attitudes. I’m tackling tasks on which I’ve been procrastinating. I’m breathing deeper and using that as a stress reliever. I’m taking the recommended breaks from work and stretching. THAT is what the Ultimate Reset is really about. It’s what Beachbody is really about too. 

I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again. It’s not about losing weight. It’s about being healthy. Getting healthier.  There’s a good chance that a more ideal weight will be a side effect of making positive changes, but the changes need to be more than that. I could lose weight in other ways, but it would not improve the person I am – physically or mentally. Beachbody helps people find their potential and use that to become healthier. 

I read the other day that the “job description” of a Beachbody coach was to help people and introduce them to the products. If they don’t buy, help them anyway. I believe that and I can get behind that. I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment