Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 5: It’s not about weight loss…


I keep getting confused about what day I’m on and thinking that I’m on day 4, but it’s actually Day 5. Whoo!

Morning weigh-in 169.2 lbs

I keep reminding myself that this is NOT about weight loss; it’s about optimal health. The scale doesn’t mean that much. But it’s also tough when the insurance company continues to remind me that I’m obese (well, technically now  I’m overweight, but just barely). I’m thrilled the scale is below 170, but would still like to get into that size 8!

Last night’s stir-fry was yummy.  Broccoli, bell pepper, red onion, zucchini and carrots. I also added some garlic. The quinoa balanced it out perfectly. I was too full for the tomato-cucumber salad until later. I’m looking forward to have stir-fried veggies again tonight.

I’m afraid the quinoa salad for lunch today is going to be a big ol’ fail. It’s basically a quinoa tabbouleh, but the quinoa was too mushy for my liking and I ran out of cucumbers so I put extra tomatoes in. But I’ll try my best (…and forget the rest). 

Thankfully the oatmeal with walnuts and berries I had this morning were fantastic!

Enough for now.  I’ll check back later.

UPDATE on lunch: Yup, it was crap, but it was fuel and it has been eaten. Dinner will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment