Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 8: Detox


Morning weigh-in 168.0 lbs

Today I entered phase 2 of the Ultimate Reset – Release. (Phase 1 was Reclaim, in case I never mentioned that.) Phase 2 adds an additional supplement to the plan three times a day that cleanses the colon. Sounds fun, huh? 

I had heard it was hard to drink and tasted horrible, but it wasn’t so bad. I mixed it with ½ cranberry juice, ½ water and a splash of lemon juice. It’s a little gritty, but doesn’t really have a taste. 

I also went  to the gym for the first time since being on the Reset. I swam for 30 minutes – not too hard – then did yoga in the sauna for about 20 minutes. I had only planned to do 10 minutes of yoga, but I didn’t have a watch and it ended up being 20. Then we headed to the mall. I got a salad at Paradise Bakery: lettuce, field greens, cucumber, tomato, onion, avocado and vinaigrette dressing. Everyone else had Chick-Fil-A. I do miss Chick-Fil-A, but since I can’t eat the chicken I really want because of the breading, it has nothing to do with the Reset. 

Scott paid for me to get a 10-minute massage in the mall also. It was heavenly and should help the detox process along. We also hit the Trader Joe’s for lots of produce, but still couldn’t locate a couple items I need for this week’s recipes. 

Once home the kids played in the sprinkler while I looked for recipes for post-reset. Then I fixed dinner. Green beans, rice and pinto beans for me (and zucchini); green beans, potatoes and chicken sausage for everyone else. I’m pretty exhausted now – even though it’s only 9:30. I’ll probably be heading to bed soon. Boring post, but I felt like I needed to post each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment