Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 18: My new favorite salad

Morning weigh-in: 164.8 lbs - same as yesterday

I had the super duper easy to make jicama-avocado salad again for lunch today, but dinner was pretty much a complete fail. We went to join the Y before dinner today (yay family gym time!), then went to the grocery store so we didn't get home until 8:30. I made roasted fennel bulb with steamed asparagus and broccoli. I was posting a recipe on facebook and forgot I was steaming the veggies, so they got overcooked and lost their pretty crisp greenness. And I wasn't a big fan of the fennel. It wasn't awful. I could eat some of it - unlike the tempeh - but it didn't really have much taste. It was just kind of crunchy like celery. I doubt I'll be making it again.

I believe tomorrow is spinach salad for lunch. I have to look up what dinner is. I had some serious cravings today for marinara sauce (random) and mexican food. I miss my mexican a lot! I could go for some fajitas right now...even if they were vegetarian!

I looked up tomorrow's dinner - curry cauliflower and lemon pepper kale. I'm looking forward to that. And now I'm craving India Garden food now too!

I can't wait to start going to the Y regularly....I do miss working out.

Since I've loved the Jicama-avocado salad so much, I will bring you in on that secret:

1/2 jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1/2 avocado, ripe but still firm, cut into chunks
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
dash of salt
dash of cayenne pepper
mixed greens, up to 3 cups

To make dressing, stir together agave nectar, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro leaves, salt and cayenne. Toss jicama and avocado in dressing. Serve over greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment