Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A lazy dinner

I was enjoying myself swimming at the Y so much today that I did not feel like rushing home to get dinner going....so I didn't. I did 1500m and the last 300m or so I was really feeling strong.

Then I went to Kroger to get Scott a sandwich and since I was there, I decided to get some edamame caviar from the deli rather than make my own succotash. The veggie mix from Kroger was garbanzo beans (ie chickpeas), edamame, black beans, red onion, bell pepper, parsley and a light oil & vinegar dressing. I added corn to it. I did also cut a sweet potato into wedges and broiled. I'm super full. The two glasses of water I just drank probably are adding to that full feeling!

Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges

1 sweet potato
1 Tbsp oil - I used grapeseed
salt
chipotle pepper powder, smoked paprika or chili powder (chipotle pepper powder is spicier)

Turn on broiler (mine was at 500 degrees). Peel sweet potato. Cut into wedges. Toss with oil.
Spread wedges evenly on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and chipotle pepper powder.
Broil for about 20 minutes, turning once.

Serves 2.

I ate mine plain, but some people might like some sort of dip on theirs. Google for dip options.

No comments:

Post a Comment