Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My new staples

I am an avid meal planner, so I save my shopping and meal lists in excel. It's interesting to see how the groceries I buy have changed. I've put together my personal list of staples that I keep stocked in my gluten-dairy-ovo free kitchen. I didn't include meat on my list of staples because it no longer is a staple. It's an extra that I get occasionally.

Grains: 
brown rice
quinoa
rice pasta (and I do buy flour pasta for the kids)
gluten-free oats
corn tortillas
Tortilla chips (one of my remaining junk food vices)

Produce: 
broccoli
bell pepper
zucchini
bok choy
cauliflower
squash
tomatoes
onions
mushrooms
spinach
apples
blueberries

Canned goods: 
tomatoes (petite diced, crushed and paste)
beans (black, pinto, red, garbanzo, cannellini)
green chiles
chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
marinara sauce

Nuts/seeds:
almonds
cashews
pecans
walnuts
almond butter
sunflower seeds

Condiments: 
sriracha sauce
dijon mustard
spicy brown mustard
ketchup (for the kids)
tamari sauce
hummus
salsa

Herbs & Spices: 
Cilantro
Garlic
Basil
Dill
Curry
Cumin
Lime & lemon juice
salt (Himalayan or Real Salt)
black pepper
smoked paprika

Oils & Vinegars: 
apple cider vinegar
rice vinegar
red wine vinegar
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
sesame oil
coconut oil
chili oil

Beverages: 
almond milk
coconut milk
dark fruit juice (cranberry, cherry, pomegranate, blueberry, plum, etc)


No comments:

Post a Comment