Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 20: A whole person


Morning Weigh-in: 161.6 lbs. 

Today I feel amazing. I was driving home from work and realized that in the past year I’ve really started to feel like a whole person. I’m not sure if that makes sense to anyone, but I really feel like I’ve found things in my life to be passionate about – that make me feel fulfilled. I still have moments that work is frustrating or I get tired of housework, but the other facets of my life make it worth it. 

And I realized I doubt I’d be doing any of these things if I hadn’t been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. It’s funny in what form blessings come. If I hadn’t gone through the multiple biopsies and blood tests and lymphoma scare while getting diagnosed, I may have never pulled the trigger on joining Team in Training. Without TNT, I may not have realized my enjoyment in fundraising and finding ways to raise money to help people who truly need and appreciate it. 

I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn’t have started going to a new chiropractor and taken the food sensitivity test if I hadn’t gotten Sjogrens. Without rediscovering my diet, I don’t think I would have started working with Beachbody or realized my potential in helping other people discover the amazing power of food. 

I can’t imagine my life any other way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment