Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lunch fail

So let me tell you what happens when I'm not paying attention...

Last night I made pasta, right? I made rice pasta for me. I had planned on Scott having rice pasta also, but I only had little bit left in the bag, so I made the rest of the rice pasta for me and made him regular spaghetti. There was enough rice pasta for two small portions. So one I ate last night and the second I put in the fridge.

This morning I decided that I wanted to take the remaining pasta of mine to work, but to bulk it up a little, I broiled some white button mushroom to go with it and cut up some broccoli to steam as well. I threw the mushrooms on the pasta and put it in my lunchbox.

And at 12 pm today I took it out of my lunchbox and started to put it in the microwave. It was at that moment that I realized the pasta was not the rotini that I expected...it was spaghetti. Gluten-filled flour pasta with cheese added to the sauce. Scott's leftovers! GRRRRRRR.

So I had to go to our little cafeteria that has very few healthy options that don't have cheese or egg or croutons. I ended up with roasted potatoes and a cup of strawberries and pineapple. I also grabbed a banana in case I need it later. I also had a large portion of steamed broccoli. I'm relatively full now, but I hope its enough to stick with me through my swim after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment