Monday, June 18, 2012

Two thumbs up lunch

That's how I'm rating the majority of my lunch. I didn't spend a lot of time planning my lunch today and I didn't have any leftovers I could just grab on the go, so I decided to make the veggie wrap I've been thinking about for a while.

Veggie Wrap

1/2 sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup matchstick carrots
1 cup baby spinach leaves
(or a variety of any of your favorite veggies - I think tomato and cucumber would be good, but I had no cucumbers)
2 Tbsp roasted garlic hummus
Sriracha sauce
1 large tortilla or wrap - I used Food for Life gluten-free rice tortilla

Warm tortilla in microwave for about 20 seconds. Spread with hummus. Squirt a little sriracha sauce over the hummus. If you aren't familiar with sriracha, take it easy, you can always add more. Tabasco sauce would work fine as well. Or if you don't like spicyness, just leave it out.
Add veggies over the hummus.
Wrap it up.
Eat it.
Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment