Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day, y'all!

I hope all the fathers and father-figures and single mothers (since they often do the work of fathers) had wonderful days today!

We had a part recupe day and part fun fathers day. As I often do when I take my meds on Saturday night, I slept until about 10 am today. I don't think there's anything wrong with me doing that once a week.

I didn't eat breakfast - smack on the hand - but I did make lunch for Scott and I. I broiled zucchini, red bell pepper, onion and asparagus and made a smokey black bean spread that I found the recipe for in a Sonoma Diet book and put that in tortillas. Flour tortillas for Scott (he also got cheese) and rice tortilla for me. The black bean spread was super easy so I'll post the recipe below.

Then we picked up Wilson, played some miniature golf and took Scott to the Asian buffet. I had an all veggie stirfry from the hibachi grill with my own tamari sauce and some sriracha sauce. I also had a plate of fruit.

Smokey Black Bean Spread

1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed.
 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (1 pepper, NOT one can. Store the remaining peppers for another use)

Saute onions in hot oil with coriander and cumin in small saucepan until onions are soft. Put all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Add a little water if you would like the consistency a little smoother. Use as a dip or as a spread on burritos.

I'm in the process of planning out this week's dinners. I think tomorrow will be grilled portabella mushrooms with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment